Field Study #5
Picture that I will take each time:
Date: November 15, 2025
Time: 4:05 p.m.
Climate/Conditions: It was a super nice day, it was a little warmer than it has been lately.
Temperature: The temperature was 60º with a feels like of 58º.
Length of Day: The total length of day light right now is 9hrs and 42mins. The sunrises at 7:37 and sets at 5:20.
Organisms: On this walk I saw some squirrels, a few birds and I also took my goats again.
Changes: The leaves are mostly fallen and are filling our creek. The color of our creek has not changed very much lately.
Creek Pictures:
floating on the surface of the water. have sunk to the bottom.
This doesn't seem to affect the color of the water though. When I took a look back at my other field studies to compare stream color I noticed that the water becomes more clear and looks like a darker color when there is more leaf fall. This seems like it could be related to tannins. Tannins mostly enters water through the decomposition of things like leaves, bark and wood. Tannins can give a stream this "tea-like" color when these leaves decompose and release this tannins which stains the water and makes it appear darker.
Comments
Post a Comment